Friday, November 4, 2011

Hope Comes in Many Forms



First things first...I need to introduce myself. My name is Mrs. McCave. You can call me Mrs. McCave. I am the new office cat. A little while ago, Agatha was adopted and I sneaked my way into the new position. I'm pretty good at it but I'm still learning. One thing I've managed to figure out perfectly is how to get little pieces of the girls' lunch. The rest will follow.



Secondly, I want to tell you all about something pretty amazing that happened recently. Some wonderful people who are part of The Meeting Place Church got together and decided to raise some money for us after we had a theft here in the summertime. Many Many people stepped up to help us after that theft, and we are SO grateful. What made this particular donation so special was that these amazing people, are homeless. Homeless people looking out for homeless animals. It touched us to our core.



So to return the kindness, the staff at the shelter decided to surprise these amazing men and women. They took pizza and pop and ice cream and spent the evening talking and getting to know these angels. There were tears and laughter and so many Thank You's.



But honestly...we took away so much more from this experience than just the monetary part of it. These angels gave us back our hope. Sometimes, hope comes in funny ways...sometimes in a used jar of honey garlic sauce filled with change.

~Mrs. McCave~

No comments:

Post a Comment