Saturday, June 5, 2010

Microchipping-Permanent ID for your pet.











Did you know that I have a tiny little microchip under my skin that can help me get home if I'm lost? Sounds like science fiction...but it's not! It's real and it's saving lives almost every single day by helping animals get home where they belong.




A microchip is just a little bit bigger than a grain of rice and it's implanted under the skin with a special type of needle. It doesn't hurt much at all because it's done really quickly. It kinda felt like a little pinch and then it was over. Now, if I was to get lost and someone found me and brought me to a veterinary clinic or a shelter, the staff would scan me with a special hand held machine. My number, that only belongs to me, would show up on the scanner and when they called the microchipping company...they would know exactly who I was! And they would be able to call my family to tell them where I am! Amazing!




I have heard the girls here at the shelter say that they wish all cats and dogs had microchips. Then they would be able to reunite more animals with their families. Everyone loves a happy ending!




So....my recommendation....have your pets microchipped! It's one of the kindest things you can do for them!




Don't waste time...call the shelter now! They'll microchip your pet for only $25. Isn't the small cost worth the peace of mind you'll have knowing that your pet will have a better chance of getting home to you?




~Hissy.E~




1 comment:

  1. Excellent advice, Missy!

    We are chipped - cause we sure wouldn't want to get lost & not find our way safely home!


    (((hugs)) your friends
    Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

    ReplyDelete