Friday, August 6, 2010

Brook-My Story







Hi there. My name is Brook. I am a rottweiler mix that came to the shelter on July 28, 2010. My good friend Hissy E. has kindly allowed me the use of her blog so that I can tell you my story. Well...part of my story..because it hasn't really ended yet.



I think I'll start my story shortly before I came to the shelter...it's as good a place as any. You see...I had a home at one time. I wasn't always an orphan. But circumstances beyond my control led me to a long road...all alone..and a kind animal control officer who came and got me and brought me here. When the girls here met me...they noticed that I had a limp and they were concerned enough to take me to the veterinarian and have my leg x-rayed. I'm really glad that they did. Because they quickly realized that I was in pain. My elbow had been dislocated quite a long time ago and no one had ever helped me before. Now...we had to decide what the best way to help me was. After another x-ray to make sure that my other front leg was ok...it was decided that the best treatment would be to remove the bad leg so that I wouldn't have anymore long term pain.



I admit...it's a little scary. Next week, I am going to have the surgery done and then I get to go stay with a wonderful foster family until I am fully healed. It's going to cost alot of money to have my leg removed...but everyone here at the shelter has fallen in love with me and they know that I am worth it.



So...in 7 more days..I will be a changed lady. I will make sure that I keep you updated on my progress. Please keep me in your thoughts and if you'd like to come and visit me before my operation..I'll be here...waiting.






~Brook~

1 comment:

  1. Brook is an awesome dog with an attitude that sets an example for us humans. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she barely notices her leg is missing and carries on, tail wagging and happy. Best of luck Brook!!! :)

    ReplyDelete