Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Edmundston 13 turn 2!




I don't usually wish a Happy Birthday to dogs...it's not that I hate them..they just never bring me any cake! But today I am going to break my own rule and wish a Happy Birthday to not only one dog...but 13 of them.


Most of you will remember the news from 2 years ago when a box of 13 little 3 week old puppies were found near Edmundston in the middle of the road. A VERY kind person stopped and found the babies and called the RCMP. This person saved their lives. It was cold, and dark, and they easily could have died or been hit by one of the passing vehicles. Thankfully, they were transported to our shelter and fostered by an amazing foster mom who gave up 5 weeks of her life to care for ALL 13 of the babies.


Now...2 years later, these same little puppies are full grown, happy adult dogs who bring their families so much joy every single day. Many of them even meet regularly to play!


So..Happy Birthday to all of the Edmundston 13! Thank you for reminding us why we do what we do every single day.


Maybe next year on your birthday...you can bring me some of that cake!


~Hissy E~

3 comments:

  1. Charlie the dog here. I don't tend to associate with cats (let alone admit to reading a blog by one) but, since this blog includes my picture and wishes me a happy birthday, I felt it's only fair I write back.

    Thanks very much for the birthday wishes. Barack, Shadow, Maggie, Noel and I had a great time at the dog park celebrating. To onlookers I'm sure it was a scary sight (Under that sweet, innocent exterior we're quite RUFF when we play.)

    It's hard to believe that just two years ago I was smaller than my right foot (ok, well, at least smaller than my head is now) and scared and cold in a box with my little brothers and sisters.
    Now I got me a couple people to look after and I live in a home where I can chew all the remotes I want without getting kicked out and I can sleep on the bed (when my people aren't looking) and all I have to do to get a treat is shake paw, lie down or look up at my people with those puppy eyes.

    All that to say that while we celebrate our birthday and all the SPCA has done for us, we also want to give a bark...er shout out to whoever it was that thought to stop that day on the Edmundston highway to see what was in that box. If not for him or her, we wouldn't be the happy, healthy two-year-old pups we are today.

    Well, that's all for now. (Ok, ok, thanks to Hissy E for the blog too, but I'm not promising any cake)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the Edmundston 13. It's hard to believe that 2 years ago that all 13 filled my heart and my living room. Hope all are still healthy and happy.

    Foster Mom Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is just wonderful! Congrats to the Edmonston 13 for continuing to keep in contact and meet for the anniversary. Such a special story of love and compassion! Had I not already had 2 dogs of my own, I would have loved to have adopted one of these guys! I remember seeing them when they were brought to the shelter from foster care.

    ReplyDelete