Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bunnies, Rats and Guinea Pigs...Oh My!





























What a week! I've been SO busy keeping an eye on all the new residents here in the shelter, that I've barely had time to blink. As many of you know..the New Brunswick SPCA animal protection officers had to seize over 100 angora bunnies, and 2 guinea pigs and 2 rats last week. The girls and I have been doing our best to help as many as we can and many other shelters have stepped in to help too! The Bathurst SPCA, Moncton SPCA, Restigouche Cty SPCA and the PEI Humane Society are all taking bunnies! And some rabbit rescue groups in the US are also arranging to take some! It's so nice to see so many wonderful people come together to help when it's most needed. This is what teamwork and compassion are all about. Fingers crossed that we can help to save ALL of the bunnies!







Here is the link to the article in the paper...http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/front/article/1044378







Doesn't Kari look pretty? And Megan was on TV.....I think she did a great job!!







So now..the work really begins...finding homes for all of these wonderful animals! I'm going to help. If you come in to meet the bunnies or the guinea pigs or the rats...I will show you around. I will be your private tour guide. And if you bring me a treat...I might even let you hold one of the bunnies...they're REALLY soft!







~Hissy.E~

No comments:

Post a Comment