Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shelter Chit Chat


It's been a few days since I've last posted. It's been so busy here!! On Monday night, we had our first Puppy Play Group and it seemed to be alot of fun! Of course I didn't join in, I just watched out the window...but there was lots of running, playing, chasing and tumbling. And even though it rained, none of the puppies complained.

This weekend we have another fundraiser planned. The Oromocto Canadian Tire will be hosting a car wash and BBQ to help us raise money for the orphans here at the shelter. We're also going to be selling rubber ducks for the big Rubber Duck Derby coming up in October. I hear through the grapevine that there will be hundreds of ducks floating up the Saint John River and whoever's duck is the fastest wins a great prize! That sounds like so much fun! I hope that I get invited.

We have had lots of adoptions over the last few days...more kittens, Stallone, BB and Shirley (3 adult cats), and even a couple of dogs..Coral and Callum. YAY!

The best days are always the ones that end in finding forever homes for my friends. There is no better feeling in the world than the happiness of seeing one of them leaving with their new family. Someday..it will be my turn. Until then...my job here keeps me happy. Well..my job and lunchtime with the girls.

Actually, I think I hear them in the kitchen now! Gotta go see what I'm getting today...to all my fans...HAVE A GREAT DAY!

~Hissy.E~

No comments:

Post a Comment