Sunday, April 11, 2010

Volunteers-The True Angels


I see alot of people come into the shelter on a daily basis. I have the perfect vantage point...high up on a shelf...in my comfy bed. I love them all. Especially the ones who stop to admire my beauty and comment on how sweet I am. (Which to be truthful, is almost all of them). We love to have visitors. From the people who just like to come and see who is new and chat with the staff to the people who adopt (our favorites!). But amongst all the visitors are a special breed of person...sometimes they're called volunteers...we call them angels.


We recently had a chance to nominate 3 volunteers for a special certificate from the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies. The girls had a VERY hard time narrowing the list to just 3. We have so many incredible people who donate their time and their hearts to making sure that we have everything that we need here. The 3 that were picked represent what all of our volunteers do for us. Tina has been a foster parent for the better part of about 12 years. She has cared for hundreds of orphan animals during those years and her and her family have saved the lives of countless animals. Brianna is one of our younger volunteers and she has truly been an inspiration to us since she started volunteering. She donates her own time and money to the shelter and she brings us treats almost every time she comes to visit! On her birthday, she asks for only gifts for the orphans. She teaches us every day what it means to be selfless. Andy is our go-to guy when we need things fixed. Last year he made sure our new backyard looked great! And we only laughed a little bit when he got the little escavator stuck in the mud!


These are only three of the truly incredible people who make the Oromocto and Area SPCA such a terrific spot. I wish I could type the name of every single one of them. But my little toes would hurt because there are so many!


We love you volunteers!! (And I'll love you even more if you bring me some catnip)
~Hissy E.~

No comments:

Post a Comment